|GARMIN Overlander Firmware Upgrades
The following lists of changes are based on information provided by GARMIN. Changes or improvements which we consider important or especially useful are shown highlighted.
To view the current firmware version, complete the following steps:
- Turn on the GPS.
- On the menu page tap on "Settings" (icon with two cog wheels near the bottom right corner).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and tap on "About device".
- Tap on "Garmin device information".
- The software version will be shown on the third line.
- Press the "left arrow" to go back or the "Circle" to go to the main menu directly.
Each upgrade replaces the complete firmware in the GPS, which means you need to install only the version you wish to apply. There is no need to install any previous versions.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.40:
- Add compatibility with the GPSMAP 66i device for inReach messaging in the Explore app.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Fusion Link app to crash when connecting to a Fusion Apollo RA770 stereo.
Firmware Upgrade V4.40 (Use GARMIN Express or connect to WiFi to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 3.40 to 4.20:
- Added a setting to prevent the camera video feed from activating automatically in the Rear View app.
- Added a shortcut to change the route calculation mode from the main menu.
- Added the Fusion Link app. With the FUSION-Link app, you can control audio play back on FUSION devices, see fusion-link.com for details.
- Added a PDF document viewer app.
- Added a photo gallery app.
- Disabled Pitch and Roll notifications when the vehicle is moving at higher speeds.
- Improved software and map update download stability when the display is off.
- Fixed an issue where the battery could be depleted when the display is off.
- Improved map layer selection in the Explorer app.
- Added an option to adjust map detail in the Explorer app.
- Added support for the Garmin HuntView maps in the Drive app.
- Added support for custom maps in the Drive app.
- Added support for importing and exporting gpx files in the Explorer app.
- Fixed an issue where the iOverlander file could be removed during a map update in certain regions.
Firmware Upgrade V4.20 (Use GARMIN Express or connect to WiFi to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Improved the track recorder map tool.
- Added support to change the default units measure for each app when changing the language.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent coordinates from displaying correctly in some languages.
- Fixed an issue where the inReach app could crash when viewing a message on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused speed limits of 100 kph or higher to display incorrectly.
Firmware Upgrade V3.40 (Use GARMIN Express or connect to WiFi to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.30:
- Added support for importing GPX files from an SD card using the Explorer app.
- Improved the stability of map downloads in the Explorer app.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent tracks from being recorded.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Explorer app to crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Pitch and Roll app to stop updating.
- Fixed an issue that could cause certain POI files to get deleted during a map update.
Firmware Upgrade V3.30 (Use GARMIN Express or connect to WiFi to install the latest firmware)
||Very rugged all-terrain GPS device for navigation on the road and off-road, with 7 inch color display, GLONASS and Galileo support, integrated pitch and roll gauges, electronic 3D compass, barometrical altimeter, integrated base map, pre-installed street map of all of Europe, Middle East and Africa including Tracks4Africa, slot for µSD memory card, Blue Tooth, Wi-Fi and USB interface, see detailed description.